Sunday, April 15, 2012

Did I Read Somewhere That Air Condition Is Not Too Good In...

I tried a search to see if I could find a post I thought I read on this forum about the air condition in Disney resort rooms not being very good, or that it ';cuts off'; during times when no one is in the room or no movement in the room is sensed.





If this is the case, what happens at night when you%26#39;re asleep and not moving?





Did I read incorrectly or imagining this?





I have to have a room temp of about 65 degrees or less to sleep well at night, even with a fan. If the A/C in Disney rooms doesn%26#39;t get that cold, I don%26#39;t think I could stay there in warmer months.



Did I Read Somewhere That Air Condition Is Not Too Good In...


Hello Kat-cubs-fan,





I%26#39;ve stayed at many of the Disney resorts with our last visit being at the Beach Club Villas, we could set the temperature to our liking without a problem. I too prefer it cooler and have always been quite comfortable.



Did I Read Somewhere That Air Condition Is Not Too Good In...


When I stayed and Port Orleans French Quarter, my DH kept it very cold in our room. And it didn%26#39;t mean higher humidity either! That%26#39;s something I always hate about hotel A/C%26#39;s....the added humidity that comes with them. But our room was great!




I have never had a problem. You get to set it the way you like, and no one touches it. Also, they do not freeze up like a lot of window units that other hotels have.




I have never had a problem with the A/C at a Disney resort. I love it because they aren%26#39;t window units so they are quiet.




I have had this kind of thermostat at the Contemporary. They put them in during the last renovation and I%26#39;m keeping my fingers crossed that they are gone after this one. They did have some sort of infrared scanner that regulated the running of the air conditioning based on the movement in the room. I didn%26#39;t have any trouble with the room temperature staying cool at night. It handled that just fine. The room would get a little stuffy during the day while we were out though, and it would need a half hour or so to get really cooled down when we returned. I don%26#39;t recall seeing these in any of the other hotels on property and I know when I stayed at Wilderness Lodge last month, there was a thermostat which would go as low as 50 degrees, so there was no problem keeping the room plenty cool. I also found a small electric fan that I can pack in my suitcase, so I have the noise constantly through the night regardless of the air temperature.




At the Swan when you are out of the room or if there is no movement, the a.c. shuts off. When we%26#39;d come back from the park the room was uncomfortably warm. Also because of this the bathroom never cooled off so doing hair and putting on makeup was a problem. It must have stayed on at night because I don%26#39;t remember it being hot at night, and I, too, need it cold at night. We loved the Swan but that a.c. control would keep me from staying there again, or I%26#39;d at least be sure to get an east facing room. That afternoon sun was too hot facing west.




Thanks for all the responses, everyone.





Good to know it may only be certain places, and I%26#39;ll be sure to ask before booking. I%26#39;m thinking about P.O. in September as a birthday trip for my sister and we both like it very cool at night.




Hey everyone,





I knew I had read something somewhere about those ';motion sensor thermostats'; on the air conditioning units and I finally found it again. This is what I%26#39;m hoping to avoid on a September visit, as I know it will still be very hot and muggy at that time.





Here is what I read from the ';allears'; site:





';Without motion in the room fairly regularly, the thermostat will default to a ';shut off'; position. The room becomes warmer than you%26#39;d like overnight, and you won%26#39;t find a nice, cool, air-conditioned room upon returning from the parks on a hot day. Perhaps this feature can be disabled, though, Anita notes, as her room%26#39;s air conditioning seemed to stay on all the time. Unfortunately, she adds, the thermostat will not go below 65, and her room always seemed much warmer.';




I%26#39;m not surprised given that picture of you on Everest. I must say that I am not impressed with Air Conditioning units in the hotels out there. they just tend to blast out Cold Air like huge fans and they make so much noise at night time, that even if you wnated to sleep you can%26#39;t.



I prefer the Units built into the ceilings which are climate controlled, but haven%26#39;t come across aby hotels out there with A grade air conditioning yet.




LOL, Bishop,





That photo of me is actually in the Great Smoky Mountains at about 5500 ft. elevation on the Clingmans Dome road during a snowstorm. Not quite Everest, but it sure was cold enough to feel not far from it that day.





While I don%26#39;t like my A/C quite that cold, I do like it pretty cold, even with a fan in the room. That%26#39;s what concerns me about the Disney resort rooms: will the A/C in them be cold enough to satisfy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment