Sunday, April 15, 2012

people watching

I am in Ft. lauderdale for a couple of months and would like some recommendations for restaurants and bars to check out. I usually sit at the bar (since I am traveling alone) and talk with the bar tender or anyone else around. I like to people watch so a little traffic is cool but Hooters at Beach place is a bit much! Thanks for any suggestions!



people watching


Try anywhere along Las Olas Boulevard which is a bit more upscale than Hooters!



Try breakfast outside Indigo, or a latte and cakes outside the Stork cafe on the comfy chairs.



There are numerous bars, it is a great area, Saturdays are particularly buzzy.



Enjoy!



people watching


Go to Southport Raw Bar - good place to pick up conversations with the regulars. And the bartenders, especially ';Big Al'; are pips. The River House (a bit upscale, but the bar area is casual) have some of the nicest bar and wait staff in the town. Also, go to Chuck%26#39;s on 17th Street and eat at the bar. The staff there is excellent and there are always regulars (my SigO and I included) that you will easily be able to pick up a conversation with. You only need to go a few times and you will be family. None of these places are ';pick up'; joints, just nice local restaurants with great people.





Have fun and welcome. I%26#39;ll see you at Chucks! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment