Saturday, April 21, 2012

Seeking restaurant reccomendation in Longboat Key/Bradenton...

A friend of mine and his family will be vacationing in Venice Beach. I live in North Tampa.



We would like to meet for dinner somewhere between these two locations. I%26#39;m thinking that would be in the Bradenton/Longboat Key area.



We would enjoy a casual, family friendly seafood restaurant.



Since we are both unfamiliar with the area, I would appreciate some restaurant reccomendations.



Thanks.




Seeking restaurant reccomendation in Longboat Key/Bradenton...


Good luck with that



Seeking restaurant reccomendation in Longboat Key/Bradenton...


I would highly recommend Moore%26#39;s Stone Crab Restaurant and Marina on Longboat Key.


It is truly a slice of %26#39;old Florida';.


The food is wonderful and the location on the water can%26#39;t be beat. Places like this on Longboat are becoming scarce. People come to eat here after fishing and dock right at the restaurant. Not to be missed!


Address is: 800 Broadway (941)383-1748


www.stonecrab.net




or try the beach house on anna maria...


wonderful food, brilliant sunsets and live musik!



great!!




The beach house on Anna Maria ... for dinner? Is this the one on Holmes beach? I prefer the previous suggestion.




Thanks for the suggestion SRQgirl. My friends from up north really enjoyed the decor and atmosphere at Morris%26#39;s.



My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip down Longboat Key. It reminded us of the old Florida of the 1950%26#39;s.



Don%26#39;t let them ruin those beautiful beaches and parks with condos the way they have done up here in the Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater area!



Thanks again.




You are very welcome and I am glad it worked out. As fate would have it, the family that owns the restaurant and land has been offered quite a bit of $$ to sell and build condos.We are all hoping this doesn%26#39;t happen.



Sign of the times here in FL.



I am a docent at Historic Spanish Point in Osprey. It%26#39;s 30 acres on Sarasota Bay with 5,000 years of history..no condos..ever! I appreciate the ';Old Florida';..happy to read you do too.



Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment