Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fort Lauderdale Beach Palace Hotel and Suites--find a...

I can%26#39;t find this hotel on the list for tripadvisor and that is a travesty--terrible place, terrible location, and terrible things that happened while we stayed there. Watched a drunk get hit by a truck not 10 minutes after we arrived--we got put into a hurricane-damaged room at first until I requested a room with a ceiling--all we had was plastic and it was due for record lows that weekend. The room we ended up in, the sliding glass door did not lock. We paid a huge amount of money due to the lack of decent lodgings currently in Fort Lauderdale, and I will never, ever stay at this place again. I am a Florida resident and could not believe how guests were treated. I could understand the hurricane damage, but to try to rent a damaged room like that to someone out of town for that amount of money was riduculous. There is little parking as well. And not a safe part of town. I am so grateful for this website because it will help steer me in the right direction next year as we will be going to Fort Lauderdale again next winter. I%26#39;m sure this hotel was grand in it%26#39;s heyday, but it is not a great place now.



Fort Lauderdale Beach Palace Hotel and Suites--find a...


What was the address?



Fort Lauderdale Beach Palace Hotel and Suites--find a...


I used to work at Marriott%26#39;s BeachPlace Towers and one thing that I know for sure is that it is in a evacuation zone. They strongly advise on all conditions at the resort. If someone got hit by a truck well that could happen outside of your house or anywhere. This resort I worked at for more than five years. There is a delghtful staff, the entire resort was newly renovated after just five years of being open. It is well maintained and the owners (it is a timeshare) are the Board of Directors as well. Parking is not limited but it is on the top levels of the parking structure, which most guest complain about because the passage ways are a little narrow, not bad just not for speeding, which should not be done in a parking structure. I would google beachplace and see other reviews like Travel-Yahoo. Most places were down during the hurricane as was stated I had no power for two weeks, so very little could be done about repairs if any were needed. The location is also great across from the beach with views of the beach on one side and the intercoastal on the other. You can even walk to the water taxi for an intercoastal cruise if you like (five minutes away) Hope this clears up everything




The Address is 3711 N Ocean Blvd. This is not the Mariott hotel as described by Daya. There is no view except for the tall condo buildings to the east and residential homes to the west. I normally do not have extremely high standards for a hotel, I really just use them for a place to sleep, but this was without a doubt the worst place I have stayed--we stayed at a Quality Inn in Daytona that the door had what appeared to be pellet marks from a shot gun, and I was definitely more satisfied with that place than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment