Sunday, April 15, 2012

Help!! Have you heard of Belleair Beach (private beach near...

We have a chance to stay at a condo after our trip on a beach called Belleair, its supposed to be private... belleair beach. Has anyone ever been there or heard of it?

I%26#39;m a little freaked out, I have to get airplane tickets now for October since prices are supposed to sky rocket, and i must pay for the condo now to reserve..what about hurricanes and red tide (we have an asthmatic in our family)...

Help destress me!

Help!! Have you heard of Belleair Beach (private beach near...

No one can answer about either red tide or hurricanes. I will say the persistent red tide that has been plaguing the Gulf coast was broken up by the hurricanes last fall and there is no current sign of it. Go to www.RedTideAlert.com and you can find all current red tide info anywhere in the world.

As for hurricanes, but trip insurance that covers it. I do when I rent houses in the Caribbean during the season. Only you will know if it鈥檚 worth the price of the insurance, which can be quite high.

All beaches in FL are public to the high tide line 鈥?to the best of my knowledge. There may be no public access from the land side, but always from the water side. That is my understanding of FL state laws, but I could be wrong.

Help!! Have you heard of Belleair Beach (private beach near...

that%26#39;s ...%26#39;buy trip insurance...%26#39;


I used to live near there and in fact my father worked for the City of Belleair Beach for a while. It is a residential community north of Indian Rocks Beach and south of Sand Key. It is private beach in that there are no public access points to the beach. If you are not a city resident, you can not access the beach unless you want to walk up the surf line from one of the other beaches. So the beaches are very quiet and peaceful there.

It%26#39;s impossible to predict either red tide or hurricanes. Travel insurance would cover the hurricane aspect, but I don%26#39;t think they would cover red tide. If you monitor floridamarine.org, they do updates on the red tide status on a weekly basis. Right now, there%26#39;s nothing going on.Any time I have rented a condo or house, I have always had a 30 day cancellation clause. I would be sure to ask what the cancellation policy is, in case something would happen that travel insurance won%26#39;t cover.


fla4fun, is belleair a fun beach? I mean to ask, will my 9 yr old son have any trouble meeting other kids? I know its a school week, but i just dont want him all by himself everyday. I love the area, but dont want so much isolation that we feel ';lonely';.

thanks for all your help!!!


It will be a very quiet beach, since it%26#39;s primarily just the residents using it. If you%26#39;re looking for a more social beach, you may want to move farther south to maybe between Indian Rocks Beach and Treasure Island. That area isn%26#39;t as crowded and busy as Clearwater or St. Pete Beach, but there are more people around during the week than at Bellair Beach. There are plenty of condos down through that area. Try checking out the forums for Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Redington Shores, North Redington Beach, Redington Beach, Madeira Beach and Treasure Island and see if you find something that interests you. I personally like Madeira Beach out of those choices, because there are a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance of most hotels and condos on the beach, but all the beach area through there is great.

  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment