Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reasonable Gulf Front Condo Needed

We (I should say *I*) was looking for a cheap(er) condo rental so we can stay 2 weeks. I figured for under $500 a week that I was looking at, I knew I wouldnt get on the beach. Last year we stayed right on the beach in Treasure Island and hubby really liked it. He is disappointed I am not looking on the beach in Siesta Key. He is willing to pay more than I was so we can stay right on the beach(plus, he might be only able to leave his business for a week... so being on the beach would be easier for me with 4 kids as I would stay the full 2 weeks!) Can someone tell me what condo places (reasonable) are available right on the beach? We are going in August. I am looking on siesta4rent and vrbo I just dont know the neighborhood to see who is on the beach. Are there any that are directly across from the beach with nothing in front of you (giving you a great view)? We were spoiled last year! $77 a nigh (including all taxes/fees) for right smack on the gulf and I guess hubby has a taste for the good life :) Sorry to be a PIA, Steph



Reasonable Gulf Front Condo Needed


Steph:



All things considered, I still think your family might have a wonderful experience if you were able to work out something with the owner of this ground floor unit at Siesta Dunes since you are staying 2 weeks.



vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/19004.h…





No, I don%26#39;t own the unit and I don%26#39;t receive anything for recommending it. It%26#39;s just that we have rented this condo with our grandchildren and it was a wonderfully convenient place to stay...especially if you find that you are on your own for one week.





Otherwise, on vrbo #86096, there is an interesting looking 2 br. bungalow for $700 a week. I am not familiar with the exact location of the unit, but it looks very pleasant and appears to be on a good stretch of beach. Not as many amenities as Siesta Dunes, but does have a pool, grills (etc.)





Good Luck in your continuing search!



Reasonable Gulf Front Condo Needed


I vacation in Siesta Key every year. I have stayed at Siesta Dunes and La Siesta which is located directly across the street from Siesta Key Beach. Walking is 5 minutes.



I think most places are reasonable in August..slower time of year for rentals. CAll the rental offices, see if they will bargain with you on price. You can access the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce for web links to these sites as well as others.




I didn%26#39;t book with Siesta4rent but met with them while in Siesta Key last year and they seemed very friendly.



Their web site also looks great.



Since August is definately a slower time of the year perhaps you could contact them and tell them what you are looking for.





Yes, also try the chamber of commerce site.





I considered Aloha Kai while doing my research. They are on the beach side of Midnight Pass Road and seemed to offer some nice private villas for a VERY reasonable price. Plus this resort offers a HUGE pool which would a real plus when travelling with children.





Good luck with your research.




You will have lots of options in August and good rates as well.



I would read the tripadvisor recommendations for Siesta Key. Most of the recommendations I%26#39;ve read ring true..I should know, I live here.




Since we prefer longer trips but done on a budget, I was looking for under $500 a week. I found one at beachaven. WE have a rate of $800 including taxes/fees for the full 2 weeks. Its a 1brd and they have 2 AERO beds we can use. I would like something with a bit more on property but I cant find anything this good of a deal. If anyone knows of one, please pass it on! Since we arent sure if hubby can stay the full two weeks I want to be ON the gulf side so I dont have to cross the street with 4 kids. I cant find any other condo rentals that can meet the $500 per week or less..




One option that might fit your $800/wk budget is the Tropical shores Beach Resort on Siesta Key. They do have AAA rates




Tropical Shores Beach Resort is on the beach and the AAA rates go down after April 28.



Ther are BBQ areas, gardens, swimming pool and have kitchens and cable TV. their website is: www.tropicalshores.com



We have had relatives stay their with children.



It is also safe.



Perhaps you should consider a week and a half in order to have a nice place at a reasonable price.



You should also look in a AAA book under Siesta Key.




We only get one vacation a year so thats why the two week stay. I do have AAA so I will look up your suggestions, Steph




I would also recommend reading the hotel reviews right here on tripadvisor.



Look under Siesta Key or Sarasota.



The reviews are honest and current.



The discussions give you a clear picture of what you%26#39;re getting.




You might want to look into the Palm Bay Club - in August their rates are low, they have 2 pools, right on the beach and tennis, etc. They offer 1 and 2 bedroom units with kitchens, maybe 3 bedrooms also. Good luck and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment