Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fishing question....

I read in a recent post that there is fishing at Garrison bight for $135. Does anyone know of any other fishing gigs for around this price? I don%26#39;t think the hubby would like the boats with tons of people and kids, etc. He takes his fishing pretty serious, and doesn%26#39;t want his line messed up with a bunch of others. We have booked a charter, but my recent unemployment is freaking me out. The $500 could go towards other things. However, the Mr. will be a bear if he doesn%26#39;t get on the ocean with a rod.



Any suggestions would be greatly appreiciated.



Fishing question....


We have gone out on the '; Lucky Fleet'; boats that are moored at Turtle Kraals . I think they take 4 people and will try to hook you up w/ people also interested .. They post signe on what ( 1/2 day or full day) and how many people they are looking for.



hope that is helpful



Fishing question....


dearae,





Unless I miss my guess, that would be $500 for the boat. Here%26#39;s a thought... While down here, ask around to see if there%26#39;s someone else that would like to fish and share the cost. (Definately would help if they compatibale with your husband... Nothing worse than sharing 20 square feet of deck for several hours with an obnoxious butthead.)





The last Charter I took out was a couple of years ago from the docks right at Turtle Kraals. The cost was $600 for the morning and we split it up amongst the group of friends. I ended up paying $100 plus $25 tip for the mate.





Maybe someone else here on the forum will be in KW while you%26#39;re there and would like to go.





Could be a stress reducer!




I was talking about going fishing to the person who runs the activites desk at the Pier House. I told him that it seemed prohibitively expensive for one person. He said that many of the captians will book a charter then, if they have room for one or two more, they call him the day before to see if anyone has expressed interest in going. There was also an activities desk at the Hyatt and I%26#39;ll bet there is one at the Hilton and Ocean Key, and I%26#39;d also bet that they would do this for a non-guest. It might be worth a shot.





Pjk




Okay, J called Capt. John Greyhound and he said that we can fish 11-4pm at $40/each. Not aware of how many people are on the boat, but this seems like it will be fun.



Other reservations are with Almost There, and we%26#39;ve used them before, and loved it. I believe it%26#39;s $400-$450 + $75 tip. Hate to cancel, but oh well. There%26#39;s always next year. : )



Thanks for the tips!



Dessa

No comments:

Post a Comment