Thursday, April 12, 2012

Is the Express pass worth the extra money

I noticed that you can%26#39;t use the express pass to ride Shrek 4D at Universal Studios and Islands Adventure and I was wondering what other rides are like this? Are the passes worth it if we are not riding any of the thrill rides like the Hulk?



Is the Express pass worth the extra money


ladybright28



I think this new express pass adopted at Universal is very underhand.



OK I dont mind pre booking a particular ride that is popular but dont see why I should pay to do that as I have already paid the price at entrance.



Hope Disney do not decide to adopt a similar tactic in respect of fastpass. I consider it nothing less than a scandal if they do.



As you do not intend to ride the headliner rides then I| dont think you should bother with it anyway. Suggest you go to Shrek straightaway on entering park and get there EARLY.........



Is the Express pass worth the extra money


Yeah, it seems pretty crooked to me too. I am still debating on what to do. I think the prices are high enough, as is, without staying at the resort hotels for $260 a night, or paying $40 bucks per person for an Express pass. I wonder how short the lines are when they first open; and at the end of June? Thanks for the info!




as a family we think the express pass are worth every penny especially at busy times of year


as we got our express passes from customer services and paid by master card we got them half price


and i would prefer disney to adopt this idea


as it does save time


we arrrived home yesterday and i can assure you that we used our express pass on both hulk and shrek 4d




We bought the Express Pass last year at Universal, and although it%26#39;s expensive, it was definitely worth it. Plan to do the same this year.




In the other thread about the express passes, it said you can only use it for one time for each ride. Is this true?




Yes it is only good for one time according to their webite. Now if you stay at one of their three resorts for $300 a night, you can use your hotel room key in the express lane as many times as you would like for each ride.




If you get to the park early, you should avoid long lines - most of the very long waits were from 11.00am onwards - we were there at 9.00am and were able to walk straight on to the most popular rides - we did buy the passes and used them later in the day - although I too think this is a total scam after the cost of the tickets and carparks and food and drinks!




Actually depending on the deal, you can stay at Universal resorts for as low as $165 night, but usually about $250 a night. I wouldn%26#39;t want to pay for the pass for one time on the ride. I stay onsite and go over and over again on a ride(express of course!).




I would consider staying on site. You can get a reasonable room at the Royal Pacific. Also, some of the plans include admission tickets and free meals for children under age 9 (I don%26#39;t know if that applies to your situation). When you weigh out the advantages . . . unlimited express pass, preferred dining reservations, convenience of park, etc. you can quickly see how it%26#39;s worth the extra money. Depending upon the time of year, the water rides are loads of fun. And don%26#39;t rule out the ';thrill rides';, once you are there and see them, you will be tempted to hop in line. As for front of the line access, don%26#39;t let anyone tell you it%26#39;s not worth it. You cannot put a price on time. With the front of the line access, it%26#39;s going to cut your theme park time down by about 30-40% . . . time you would have spent waiting in line.




I appreciate all of the replies. I decided to take your advice and I booked a room at the Royal Pacific. I went ahead and reserved the 3 nights/kids eat and play for free special. It seems as though it will be worth the extra money. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment