Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bar Question

When I lived down there, there was a bar called Rumrunners. I haven%26#39;t heard anyone talk of it. Is it gone? How about Hogs Breath?



Bar Question


Rumrunners was sold and is now Bear Bottom Beach Club--still an okay place. When you lives there did you know Coral the bartender ?



Bar Question


Hog%26#39;s Breath is still there.




JMO, but Rumrunners was far superior to it%26#39;s replacement. It was more authentic Key West, I think, than the new place. Also, the all-day-two-for-one margaritas were awesome at Rumrunners.




sship I agree totally. Rumrunners was our favorite place to hang during the day. I loved it when they had the reggae band.





It%26#39;s not as fun as it used to be but they have made improvement. At least they have repaired the constant leak from the roof/ceiling and have made improvements to the bathrooms.





One time we hung out for ALOT of the 2-4-1%26#39;s and next thing I knew my wife took me up to Teasers----not a bad day..lol




I can%26#39;t sleep and this question had me thinking from earlier...





I loved barebottoms! Although I am unsure of how it was before... It was laid back, micheal avery was hilarious and kept it entertaining and played everything you love to sing and dance too. The people there were friendly and the waitress was pretty attentive. The slices of pizza served in the front were really good. Good for late night munchies.




Great, thanks guys! I don%26#39;t remember a place called Irish Kevins while I lived there. Where is it at? Pretty good bar?





No, I lived there for 6 years but never really learned the names of the bartenders!




Irish Kevins is on the same side of Duval as Sloppy Joes... Heading up Duval, two doors away (or so)




Irish Kevin use to be a regular performer at Rumrunners. We use to always go see him there. Then a couple of years ago he opened Irish Kevin%26#39;s almost right across the street from Rumrunners, which is now Beach Bottom and no where as good as Rumrunners was. Irish Kevin%26#39;s is now always packed like Rumrunner%26#39;s use to be.




Irish Kevin%26#39;s is also way louder (all day) than Rumrunners ever was, and in fact, gives Sloppy%26#39;s a run for their money in the decibel level department. Rumrunners really was great, all laid back and ';rustic.'; LOL. You could hang out in the open windows, drink your 2-4-1s and watch the world go by. I imagine someone made a FORTUNE selling/leasing that prime property to the current bar.





Has anyone been to Island Dog yet? They were working on it when I was there last, and it looked like it might have a pretty cool bar. I am hoping it%26#39;s a good place, cause I liked the Market Bistro and would hate to think it was sacrificed for a dumb place.




I was wondering if Irish Kevin was the same guy that performed at Rumrunners all the time!





Thanks!


  • oil acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment