Thursday, April 12, 2012

Delta Pilot Strike

This is the latest update that I got about it. Through history, usually these things get resolved. However, if you are Delta flyers, be aware. It looks like the earliest day the strike could take place is April 18th.





news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Bus鈥?/a>



Delta Pilot Strike


This entire subject is scaring the crap out of me! We are scheduled to fly out on Delta the 30th of this month. I am such a worry wart and this is driving me nuts! I can%26#39;t afford to do as that article says and buy tickets for another airline ';just in case';. I never can afford refundable tickets so that is just not an option! I am just praying hard this mess gets resolved...



Delta Pilot Strike


I%26#39;ve been watching the costs of various flights and when this was announced last week, the prices went up across the board for domestic carriers, from about $20.00 to $150.00 based on the length of the flight.





Pjk




This is nasty stuff... I feel for the pilots and understand but if they strike and Delta folds then they lose their jobs instead of just a taking a pay cut???





I read that since Delta partners with other companies a lot, some flight might not be affected. Fo instance, I found out my flight out is with one of Delta%26#39;s ';partners'; ASA (Atlantic Southeast?) and those pilots have a different contract that the main Delta pilots so they probably will not strike? But, even so I am guessing if this happens travel all over will be negatively affected... delays, strandings, etc.





Oh, how I hope they reach an agreement! :P




bobsakamano...


I called Delta and spoke with someone whom I could not understand his name. He kept telling me everything is fine and they expected no strike or disruptions (uh-huh) so I asked what would happen in the ';off chance'; there is a strike. He told me that they will be offering full refunds or placing you on other carriers.



Now, in that ';off chance'; that this does happen, I hope we can truly count on the company to help us out.... BUT that is the response they are giving when you call.





Thanks for post the link Bob.




This topic just ruined my day. I%26#39;m flying Delta in mid May. I hope it all works out!




Yep...this strike would put a damper on alot of people. That is why I hope it does not happen. Yoy have to look at it like this...if the pilots strike, it will be over for Delta and Delta loses as well as the pilots because they will not only lose their jobs, but in todays marketplace, it will very tough to find another job in the field unless you have connections or a spotless career. Also, I think that this would be a big enough case where the government might get involved. Who Knows???



At any length, I think that the strike would be pushed back so they could further negotiate because this is a very big deal for alot of people in the country. Another Company owned by Delta called ComAir is going through the same thing and got their arbitration pushed back so we will see.




From AP this morning...





ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines Inc. and its pilots union reached a tentative agreement Friday on pay and benefit cuts that could avert a strike at the nation%26#39;s third largest carrier and ease uncertainty among travelers over the busy Easter weekend.





Wait and see but it looks promising.




Oh Please, please, please let this be a resolution that keeps them in the air! I know WE ALL want that! :-)




Great news! Pending ratification of course, but I think that the negotiators for the Pilots have a good idea of they would or wouldn%26#39;t accept.





http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12315930/

No comments:

Post a Comment