Sunday, April 15, 2012

Advice for Solo Traveler/Logistics

Good morning, everyone: I need some advice:) I%26#39;m a first-timer to Key West. My initial plans involved riding down from Miami to Key West with a friend (I don%26#39;t drive). Now I may be traveling alone, which will involve booking a ticket from Miami to Key West and back. Either way, it means spending one night in Miami. Can anyone recommend a nearby hotel - I see that the Hampton Inn has gotten good reviews.



Also, as a woman alone, I still don%26#39;t plan to be stuck in my room at night. (I%26#39;m not a young girl, but I%26#39;m not over the hill, wherever that is:) Any safe suggestions?



Thanks in advance



Advice for Solo Traveler/Logistics


i know this doesn%26#39;t answer your question directly but generally this site is a good one for travelling women.www.journeywoman.com



Advice for Solo Traveler/Logistics


There are almost no places in Key West where I%26#39;ve felt uncomfortable, but if you stay on Whitehead, Duval, and Simonton, the big three north-south streets, and the many cross streets, you won%26#39;t have a problem. Then on the north side you can ';cross the T'; and visit the Key West Bight (they are calling this the Historic Walk) to one side and the Mallory Docks to the other side, again you will not have a problem.





As a single there are no bars that I won%26#39;t go into and , if the situation arises, strike up a conversation. And I%26#39;ve gone on all-day sailing trips and combination snorkel / sunset trips and had a great time. There are one or two places or events I tend not to do when I%26#39;m down alone, but otherwise I just do my normal things, from breakfast to late-night.





Pjk




Thank you both, very much. I%26#39;m looking forward to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment