Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How strict is IOA on tickets?

I had bought a child ticket for my daughter a while back that has never been used (1 day/1park). Now that we%26#39;ve decided to go as a family, I bought 3 adult tickets on-line today which got me the 2 additional days. Question, my husband will drive all night to Orlando so will need to sleep when we get there. Will me and my 2 kids be able to maybe go to IOA for the evening with the 3 adult tickets AND then the following day my husband be able to use one of those adult tickets so my daughter can use her child ticket?? How close do they watch if the same person uses a ticket for two consecutive days??

How strict is IOA on tickets?

nicksmom.... dont think thats gonna work hon... the tickets are automatically read at the gate, so if itys only a 1 day ticket, you aint goin to use it twice!! the best thing you could do is try and explain to the staff on arrival to see if they can help, but if you only paid for 1 day thats all your gonna get..once the tickets have been scanned they will show as already used the next day if you try to enter park... can be kinda embarrasin.... good luck anyhow x

How strict is IOA on tickets?

Sorry, I must not have made myself clear. Only the child ticket is a 1 day. The 3 adult tickets have 2 extra days on them. What I%26#39;m asking is if my daughter uses one of the adult tickets the evening we get there, will my husband be able to use it the following day or does the same person has to keep using it? My husband will be sleeping when we get there, so the kids and I were thinking of going for a few hours. Then the 4 of us will go the next day, with my daughter then using the child ticket. Am I making any sense??


I see what you mean, but not sure if it will work. My guess is it will, but maybe someone else knows for sure.


Not sure if IOA is doing fingerprint scanning like disney. It ties your fingerprint to the ticket to prevent people from selling their extra days. The best thing is to contact Univeral directly and make sure. Also make sure the 1 ticket you have is not expired.


I would guess that a child can use an adult ticket in general, though I don%26#39;t know for sure. The question is: does Universal have the technology to keep multiple people from using the same tickets? Disney, for instance, has finger scan technology where when you first use the ticket they take a finger scan (not a fingerprint, I don%26#39;t think), and on succeding days the same person has to use the same ticket--the finger scan has to match. I don%26#39;t know if Universal has this yet, or has a similar technology, although it seems like I heard that they are at least going in that direction.

If Universal does have finger scan technology, you won%26#39;t be able to do it.


We used the %26#39;3 free days%26#39; tickets in Feb,and there was no finger scanning or signature on ticket required.

When you pass your ticket through the machine,the attendant checks a small screen to see if it%26#39;s valid.

I don%26#39;t think they%26#39;ll particularly notice who the ticket holder is.

BUT,who wants to risk spoiling there time at the park with a potentially embarrasing episode at the gates?


I was at Universal and Islands the middle of March and my nephew had to sign his ticket the first time it was used and do the fingerprint scan each time he entered the park.

I don%26#39;t think they were doing it for all guests, but if your daughter happens to be one of them, then your husband would not be able to use that ticket the next day.

We were told that they are doing test groups now and that eventually all guests would be required to have their fingerprints scanned upon entering the parks.


We have season passes for the Disney parks, my husband and teenage son wanted to see if the finger scans were for real or not so they traded passes several times during our visit, the tickets went thru every time without question!


i was there last novemebr and we had to do the fingerprint scan like at disney so i%26#39;m not sure if it will work


I came back yesterday and they were finger scanning

  • revlon
  • How do I make a stiff comforter softer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment