Monday, April 23, 2012

Outlet Malls which better

I have read about two outlet malls in Orlando. Is there one that is better, are they ';real'; outlet malls, or do they just have a few company outlets with the rest pretending to be outlets.



We will also be spending a few days in Cocoa Beach, what is there?



Outlet Malls which better


With *ANY* Outlet Mall you have to ';know your prices';. I haven%26#39;t been to those in Orlando, only seen them from the highway.



Outlet Malls which better


neilalex,





The one I would suggest is Primium Outlet Mall of International Drive South.





Once in Cocoa Beach, you won%26#39;t be far from Kennedy Space Center (NASA). Ron John Surf has the largest store in Cocoa and there are some good beaches as well yet not as good as those on The Gulf coast. Imho. Please, read the many valuable posts placed by other contributors to this forum.





PELUCH






neilalex,





I meant: ';...Premium Outlet Mall off International Drive...';. Sorry.





PELUCH




The three main outlet malls are Premium Outlet Mall, Prime Outlet Mall and Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets. All three have websites with store directories, so you can get a feel for the type of merchandise available. It is a good idea to do a little homework, so you know if you%26#39;re getting a good bargain or not.





Cocoa Beach is a typical beach community. There is a pier for fishing and checking out the view. The beaches are nice and wide for sunbathing, and there is a large assortment of restaurants and hotels available. I usually stay at the Doubletree Oceanfront when I go over there. It%26#39;s a very nice hotel, with a small fitness room, a nice restaurant, a pool, and at least a partial ocean view from every balcony. You get the best ocean views if you are on the south side of the hotel, although you can see the cruise ships leaving the port if you%26#39;re on the north side. All the rooms have a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker. Plus you get divine cookies when you check in. There are plenty of hotel choices in all price ranges.




I should have put a few more words in my question about Cocoa Beach, is was looking for good shopping. I have hear about the ';mall'; that sounds like a normal mall. Has anyone been to the flea market???




I haven%26#39;t seen a mall in Cocoa Beach. The closest one I%26#39;ve seen is in Merritt Island, about 10-15 minutes west of Cocoa Beach on SR520. It%26#39;s a regular mall called Merritt Square Mall. Most of the shops you will find in Cocoa Beach itself have touristy things. The big tourist shop there is Ron Jon Surf Shop, which is open 24 hours a day.




If by ';good shopping'; you mean name brand clothing at low prices, the store you want may not be in an Outlet Mall. Look for Marshalls in what is called a strip mall - a row of shops usually around the parking lot.




Don%26#39;t recall any flea markets in Cocoa Beach, just the Mall on Merritt Island like previously mentioned.





And Ron Jon%26#39;s is pricey (but nice).. if you want to go to a surf type shop there are many to chose from in the area.




There are discount beach style shops in cocoa. However, there is no good shopping to be had there. Although I am not sure of what good shopping mean to you. What it means to me is getting the clothes I love... Chanel, Ralph Lauren, coach etc... at low prices. You can find that at the orlando outlet malls.





Also there is a mall of melenia which was upscale shopping.





Cocoa is not a shopping destination it is a beach destination. I have never lived farther away than 45 minutes from cocoa my whole life. I have never ever considered it a shopping destination. In fact, if there is a mall there. It is your simple basic mall.




I am interested in hitting the Premium Outlet mall while at Disney. How far and how to get to there from Disney Port Orleans riverside. My husband does not want to go so I will probably go one afternoon while they are at the pools. Is there a good map or will someone be able to give me good directions from POR?

No comments:

Post a Comment