Wednesday, April 25, 2012

$15.00 mojito question

My wife and I will be staying in South Beach for our 20th anniversary. We%26#39;ve spent a fair amount of time reviewing hotels and have landed on the Victor, Shore Club, or Delano. Heavily leaning towards the Victor..Is there anyone out there who can give a perspective on all three or two (or one)? We don%26#39;t mind a long nightlife but - on the other hand - we don%26#39;t want to be listening to loud drunks at 4:00am (unless of course we are the loud drunks at 4:00am)...

Also - by most, if not all, accounts - South Beach is over priced. We get that and we%26#39;re cool with that - but if someone is going to charge me $15.00 for a mojito - I%26#39;m hoping they make me feel like it%26#39;s a $15.00 mojito. If anyone can tell me which hotel accomplishes this, I%26#39;ll be a happy man.

thanks in advance to any and all opinions.

Rick

$15.00 mojito question

I don%26#39;t know much about the Shore Club since I%26#39;ve never been there but I%26#39;ve been at the Delano and Victor. I think the Victor is way better for a romantic setting and the rooms are bigger.

I had a great mojito at Van Dyke%26#39;s on Lincoln Road. Go upstairs where there is a jazz bar. They have some great latin dishes too.

Hope you have a great time wherever you stay!

$15.00 mojito question

Rick,

I%26#39;m a local here, so I%26#39;ve never actually had the pleasure of staying at any of these hotels. However, from what I%26#39;ve seen in person and heard on this board, Hotel Victor seems to be ';victorious'; over the other two (sorry, couldn%26#39;t resist!). Don%26#39;t know if you%26#39;ve done a search for ';Hotel Victor'; on this board, but there are a few posts with recent reveiws on here that simply gush over the Victor. Rooms seem to be larger and quieter at the Victor and the service seems to be top notch; service at the other two is all over the map, at best.

If you are going to indulge in the ever-so-expensive-SoBe-cocktail, do it at the pool bar @ The Setai Hotel (www.setai.com). Absolutely gorgeous atmosphere to go with your decadent drinks. The Setai was just recently opened and is one of our new shining (POSH) stars. With rooms starting at $900/night, an $18 cocktail is practically a steal!

Another option:

The Rose Bar @ The Delano. The Delano is arguably one of the most beautifully designed spaces on South Beach and oozes cool sophistication. Pony up at the Rose Bar inside, indulge your people watching urges, then head outside to the pool and cabanas.

Cheers!


P.S.

I hope you don%26#39;t think EVERY bar/lounge is this expensive. There are TONS of more moderately priced places, as well as a decent selection of dive bars that us locals are pretty proud of so don%26#39;t feel required to break the bank every night. South Beach has something for everyone ;)

  • Need a soft, comfortable bed set
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment