Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Provincial Gardens

My husband and I are considering staying at Provincial Gardens. Any feedback from guests would be appreciated. Thanks.



Provincial Gardens


I rented a direct waterfront unit at Provincial Gardens several years in a row. I found it to be absolutely delightful and would have returned again and again had our family not purchased condos on Sanibel Island.





Our unit (as stated) faced the small green lawn and dock and looked across the intercoastal waterway to the mainland. It was updated and very comfortable. We watched boat traffic passing by, ranging from beautiful sailboats to large commercial vessels. We saw dolphins and families of ducks. The grandchildren ';fished'; from the dock. I actually found this view more interesting than being right on the Gulf.





It is quite a walk to the beach; you have access through the Aloha Kai property across the street. You also have (at least at the time I was there) use of the Aloha Kai pool which is quite nice.





Again, our unit was directly on the water which had special advantages. Most are not, but they all appeared to be comfortable places...especially, perhaps, for longer term stays.



Provincial Gardens


I noticed that the unit we rented is listed at www.vrbo.com #7580 If you look there, you will get a better idea of what to expect at Provincial Gardens.




Grandma, This is on my list of places to rent. $525 for the weeks we are going. How far is the beach from there? Also, since I dont know Siesta Key at all, does this put you at a good place on the beach?? Steph




Hello, Steph:





Your access to the beach is through the Aloha Kai complex across the street. I%26#39;m not great at calculating distances, but I would say...maybe the equivalent of one city block through Provincial Gardens and a bit more than that through the Aloha Kai property...not too bad. You come out right on beautiful Crescent Beach with the great white quartz sand.





Are you considering renting the direct waterfront unit I mentined on VRBO.COM? We just loved it there...very peaceful lanai for relaxing and generously sized bedrooms. Hope you have a wonderful time on Siesta Key.




Steph:



I read several of your other posts and made the assumption that your four children are likely all less than 10 years old (although, maybe not)





I appreciate that you are budget minded and interested in a longer vacation...(been there and done that in days gone by with 6 children of my own!) However, IF the children are all very young, you may want to check out VRBO #19004. I know the posted rate is almost double that of Provincial Gardens, but this unit is first floor at Siesta Dunes and just a few steps to their neat round pool that is a great place for beginning swimmers. Also, the grounds at Siesta Dunes are spacious and wonderful for little people to explore. Plus, there would be no crossing of the street involved...the complex is right on beautiful Crescent Beach.





The owner of this unit is a delightful lady...she may be willing to work with you on the rental fees since you are planning a longer stay. I am just remembering that there are certain things that make a vacation experience with small children easier on mom! Provincial Gardens will give you a lovely condo...Siesta Dunes may give you that plus a lot more convenience. Might be worth investigating!




WOOPS! I meant vacationrentals.com #19004




YEs, at the time we go, one will be 5 and another 9... then while away, one turns 3 and one turns 8. So yes, all under 10 :). We only get one family vacation a year (due to hubbys business) so thats why the longer stays (2 weeks or 3 if we can swing it). We would like to be under $600 a week... which then we can do a 2 week stay, if $500 or less, then we can swing 3 weeks. The airfare is cheap, but we will need to rent a minivan... which will KILL us in cost thats why I am trying to save on lodging costs. I am open to any and all suggestions. I have set aside 10 places between VRBO and siest4rent that are within my budget. I only need a 1br as the kids hate sleeping alone so they always end up in one bed. So a queen sofa bed is great. So if you have anything in mind, I am sooo open to suggestions! ~Steph




One MAJOR suggestion I would make is to check breezenet.com every week for current rates on minivans and online specials. They list all major car rental companies. Once you have a pretty clear idea of the range of rates, go to priceline.com and place a bid that is at least 25 - 30% less than the least expensive rate. I have been using Priceline for the past 5 years and now have converted my grown children to using them as well. They will charge your credit card right away if your bid is accepted (start low...you can always increase the bid after a 2-3 day waiting period.) They use only major car companies with airport pickup. We have been given contracts by National and Avis using Priceline. Never a problem! That may give you some ';wiggle room'; in the budget....




I use priceline all the time :) Last year we did our rental car through them and I paid $102 for 8/18-8/23 Got a full size Impala! I will be using them for a minivan as well. Right now they are saying $35 is a good rate to bid for a minivan... we shall see! The impala fits 6 comfortably but my dad might be coming to stay with his friends in Venice... so we would have to get a minivan. I will look at breezenet.com though, thank you!




Grandma... hubby said today that he was disappointed I wasnt looking at beachfront places. I am the budget minded person and was trying to go cheap but he wants what he wants! So he said FIND a beachfront place :) I dont know what places are right on the beach (yes, he knows the price is going to go up!).. help! Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment