Friday, March 30, 2012

Cheap Eats

Hello fellow Trip Advisors-

I lived in PCB 5 yrs ago and recently returned for the 1st time in June. I am now planning trip number 2. I somehow turned into the tour guide last trip and I am doing so again this time, however I discovered on my last trip that some of the places I use to go have changed, so I want to check on some of the others before I go. I use to love Dusty%26#39;s, the Seahorse, Billy%26#39;s, Schooners and there use to be a buffet called Sunset (I think). I%26#39;m really looking for a place on the beach that serves raw oysters. We are on an extream budget, so any advice (or memory joggers[sp]) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please tell me Thomas%26#39; donuts and Buddy%26#39;s are still there I%26#39;ve had a craving for those ever since I got back

Cheap Eats

try spinnakers for burgers and wraps other types of food available too.also across from the summit condo hammerhead freds for wings and cold beer pineapple willys is just so so best for drinks

Cheap Eats

Tara, Dusty%26#39;s, Schooner%26#39;s and Billy%26#39;s are still fully operational. I am not an oyster fan but a girlfriend of mine loves them and enjoys Dusty%26#39;s and also Bayou at the Beach, which is one of my favourites as well, not for oysters but for cajun food.

A lot of people like the oysters at Shuckem%26#39;s but a friend%26#39;s two sons got food poisoning there a few months ago, so I can%26#39;t say I%26#39;d advise it!

I haven%26#39;t heard of the Seahorse or Sunset or Buddy%26#39;s. Thomas%26#39; Donuts is still there, but the one time I tried them their donuts were stale. The yummy Spudnuts donuts on Thomas drive closed :(

Mike%26#39;s Diner is a good place to eat cheap, and you can buy discount dining certificates at Restaurant.com for them


Hi Tara,

Did Buddy%26#39;s used to be a seafood market?

Also, if you are talking about The Sunset Restaurant it is being replaced (construction started in 05) with condos (The Renata Resort)

Here is a website that will tell you what is being torn down and what it is being replaced with. www.pcbfla.org


Thanks everyone...I had hoped Dusty%26#39;s was still around.

GaGirl- Yes Buddy%26#39;s was a seafood market and would always cook whatever they offered. Very, very, very good. But they always closed at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. There%26#39;s just nothing quite like a beach side picnic for 4 or 5 for under $15. I plan on checking them out when I first get there.


Scampy%26#39;s on Thomas Dr. is reasonable and good too.


My sister, her husband, and my wife and I put away 15 dozen oysters (raw and various baked) at Shuckem%26#39;s during our stay last week with no problems. We also like the oysters at Hammerhead Fred%26#39;s, but didn%26#39;t make it this year.

  • miniature huskies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment