Friday, March 30, 2012

rude staff

Returned from Ft. Myers Beach vacation, loved the area. Went to Sanibel and wanted to visit the resteraunt Cheeburger Cheeburger.



Mistake, service was excellent, food not real good but ok. Paid %26gt;45.00for sandwiches and drinks for 5 people. Paid our bill. Manager followed me out yelling, ';Mam, Mam was the service bad. Long story no service was good. We did not tip and she was upset we did not. I do not always tip, especially at a burger place.





rude staff


well for good service and as you said ';ok'; food, you should have tipped something.



Bad choice on your part, and I as well would have followed you ot the door. The tip is usually for the service you get not only the food.



rude staff


The wait staff doesn%26#39;t cook the food. If the service was ';excellent'; (your word) and I was your server I%26#39;d have chased after you too.




The tip is given for the service rec%26#39;d. If there was a problem with the food quality you should have told the server or asked for the manager. The server shouldn%26#39;t have been penalized (stiffed) since she did her job (gave excellent service).





Most wait staff (my daughter worked as a server while in college) get paid half of min. wage, figuring the tips will make up or exceed the min. wage amount. But they are base taxed at min. wage whether they make enough to cover that tax or not.




You didn%26#39;t leave a tip? Especially at a ';burger place';? Um....were you waited on by someone or did you just pick up your food and drinks at the counter and serve yourself?



The person following you out was probably truly puzzled as to what they did wrong, because decent people tip if service is good. You should be ashamed of yourself. YOU were the rude one, ';ma%26#39;am';.




Everyone has their opinion and practices on tipping. I feel, like many others, that tipping should be based on service, not food. But, in my opinion, a lack of tip is not a valid reason to aggressively confront a customer. A polite inquiry from the manager may be reasonable in some circumstances, but should be weighed against the risk of alienating a customer. Who wants to be confronted about not leaving a tip?





I%26#39;m sorry you had such a disappointing experience there. I have always liked the burgers, onion rings and shakes at Cheeburger. Especially the chocolate-banana shake!




No, as I have my opinion, I was not rude. The problem is that waiters and waitresses are not paid properly by their employers. So as customers we pay for the food and for the service. As a professional who serves people I am paid by my employer. I do not expect tips to increase my pay. As said everyone has their opinions.




and like I said you were and are rude it seems. you obviously need a lesson in the food service industry.




If you don%26#39;t want to tip, you should eat at a fast food place where you have no servers or you should eat at home. Tips are part of the expense of eating out and should always be paid with good service.




Hey skoorb1! Would like to hear your lesson on the food industry. And too bad you find me rude when you do not even know me. Too bad your are in Atlanta.




Lynnsun, With all due respect, don%26#39;t be such a cheapskate and remember service people expect and depend on tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment