Saturday, March 24, 2012

Does anyone else spend as much time....

researching there family vacation as I do??? We just got back from Destin the middle of June and I%26#39;m already searching and planing my trip to Destin for next year. I swear I%26#39;ve looked and researched every condo in the Destin area!!!! I think I have problem, when we were in Destin I was taking notes on condos to check out for next year!!! My wife says it%26#39;s turned into me trying to make the next years vacation better then the previous.





If my employer only know what I did all day....



Does anyone else spend as much time....


You are not the only one. I spend 6 months to a year researching wherever it is that we are going and ask a lot of questions on this forum. I also prepare an itinerary, and even if for some reason I am not there, they can just follow the itinerary. There is another site for like minded people like us, who spent hours on a site reasearching anc chatting about Florida especially, whether they are travelling or not. Careful though you get even more addictive.



Have a look ttp://www.orlando-guide.info/forums



Does anyone else spend as much time....


Thanks for the support Jessica, I don%26#39;t feel quit as strange. I%26#39;ll have to let the wife know that there are more people like me out there :)




There are plenty more, we only get to go once a year in June but we seem to spend a good part of the rest of the year looking forward to our dose of Destin.




This is quite normal when you are addicted to Destin! I also took notes on rental houses while I was on vacation in June to check into for next year%26#39;s vacation. Since I am the official vacation planner of our large family group, I like to plan ahead and get as much info as I can. It%26#39;s also beneficial to actually see the location of where you may potentially stay or to see the ';big picture'; of the house or condo.






trix919





That is so true, I asked the wife get her notebook out and I was hollering out condo names of the ones I wanted her to write down. It want something like.....The Island Princess!!!! Holiday Surf %26amp; Racquet!!! Jetty East!!! Hidden dunes....




Isn%26#39;t it depressing! I%26#39;m having the hardest time getting over going there. My husband%26#39;s threatend not to go back, he says I%26#39;m obsessed with the place. But he likes fishing to much, so I know we will. Right now we%26#39;ve been going every year in early June. I%26#39;m pushing for 2 different weeks a year. Maybe before we%26#39;re to old that will happen. For thoughs that have been I know the withdrawal you%26#39;re going through. For everybody planning to go soon have a great time and enjoy every minute!




I started bringing my family to Panama City Beach for Spring Break about 16 years ago. My wife and I are both teachers and now our 3 children are teachers as well. We have stayed on the Gulf from Sanibel Island to Gulf Shores and just love it. We started going for a week in the summer along with Spring Break about 8 years ago and look forward to that, too. I have to watch myself that not every conversation I get into involves the ';beach';.



My wife, my 20 year old college student son, and I are heading to Destin in 19 days, but who is counting? We have 9 nights scheduled and I can%26#39;t wait!



Im a Beachaholic!




I walk the beach to look at the condos from there and if one looks interesting, I take a closer look. Thats how I picked this years condo. Staying somewhere different each year make it even more exciting.




loughary



I%26#39;ve been to Destin enough I have to spend very little time researching it anymore, but I use the forum to keep up to date on changes. Like the radio traffic reports say - '; two, three, four times a day'; - more like five to ten!



However, I%26#39;ve been branching out for other vacations. I%26#39;ve been called the King of Anal. Try this on for size:



Everything goes on American Express for the Skymiles. Take advantage of every promotion. Taco Bell - $2.95 - American Express! Burger King - American Express!



Summer Pormotion, double everything - schedule the wife%26#39;s dental work - American Express!



I research vrbo.com for a house or condo more than a year in advance.



331 days before I want to travel - Delta.com for Sky Saver tickets.



So, yes, I%26#39;ve got time off scheduled more than a year in advance, airline tickets 11 months in advance, followed immediately by lodging reservations.



That leaves 11 months to figure out where I%26#39;m going to eat each night.




loughary - yes, you are the only one. By the way, have you looked at the map and added your comments?



http://www.communitywalk.com/map/2872





My advice for the perfect vacation/life is to have low expectations. That way when you have a great time (like you did in Destin), you%26#39;ll be deliriously happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment