Friday, March 30, 2012

cheap weekly/monthly motel - non-beach OK

I would like to visit for a few months in August/Sept.

I am looking for a weekly rate hotel in the 200 dollar a week range.

I am willing to stay 5 or ten miles from the beach...it does not have to be brand new, i%26#39;m not too picky on superficial stuff, but i hope for a safe area hopefully on the bus line.

In atlanta, there are many chains that offer weekly rates in the 200 range, including a days inn, suburban lodge, extended stay, guesthouse inn etc.. Is there anything similar near daytona beach or port orange.

Thanks in advance

cheap weekly/monthly motel - non-beach OK

I think you will find what you are looking for, especially during the time you mention. Once the kids return to school, which is around the middle of August, rates go down as the competition for customers increases. You do not need to stay off beachside to find that I don%26#39;t think. Check websites such as vacationhomes.com and vacationrentals.com. Remember, if the quoted rate is higher than you want it never hurts to make an offer, since these are listings of private individuals who own hotel rooms and houses.

cheap weekly/monthly motel - non-beach OK

I agree with chippsch, At that time the kids are back in school and the rates go down, that is why I usually go down at that time. I would definitly check out the sites that chippsch gave you, and you can make an offer to the owner and see if they accept or not, I hope you get what you want, as you don%26#39;t want to miss Daytona Beach, it%26#39;s a great place!

Tell us if you succeed in finding a place!

Pibb,


Hey I%26#39;m from Tennessee %26amp; I just got back from Daytona Beach today and it was a TOTALL DUMP. I%26#39;m telling you don%26#39;t go there The pictures looked nice on the internet the hotels looked nice (I stayed in a resort) and it was FILTHY w/ blodd on the walls nasty floors found a tampon on the beach!!! If you want a nice vacation DONT GO TO DAYTONA BEACH! It was a totall nightmare!!! I%26#39;m one of those people who never listen to the reviews about stuff so I went on down for my vacation BOY was I shocked it was so dumpy the WHOLE town even the hotels/resorts! if you want a place where the druggies %26amp; homeless is then go but if you don%26#39;t I would suggest don%26#39;t go to Daytona! Hope I could help.


thanks for the advice.

regarding the poster who said daytona is a dump, well, it is an underdeveloped area, it was like that 25 years ago when i was there on spring break. Suppose it is run down, ok, i know that, but in 20 years it will be just like miami or lauderdale, it is logical that development moves there, espeically from the hurricane zone down south. I have read all the reviews and i have a relative in new smyrna beach. I don%26#39;t care if it is run down, that%26#39;s why i am going there. That%26#39;s why i am doing the weekly hotel thing, i can move if i don%26#39;t like it. All of USA is like that, very wealthy areas next to trashy areas. I%26#39;m sure that all property owners would love to build gold plated palaces on the beach but who will supply the money?

I do appreciate your advice saying it is not a great family area etc., but i have not been there in 25 years so i don%26#39;t know.

thanks to everyone for the advice


Please don%26#39;t listen to one opinion. I started taking my husband to Daytona 4 years ago. I have vacationed there since I was a child. I have seen many changes, both good and bad. We spend a month there each summer. Now if it was that bad we would not be returning year after year. Someday when he is retired we want to move there. We love the beach, the choices of restaurants and the closeness to major metropolitan areas. You%26#39;re only an 8 hour drive away from Key West too! I hope you%26#39;ll like it. Everyone is entitlled to their opinion. It will be different than Tennessee. Have an open mind and I hope you will get a good deal on a nice place to stay. Since you don%26#39;t have to have oceanside, you should be able to find something in your price range. Email realtors and private owners and good luck.


Hey there, Don%26#39;t listen to blank1, he/she has been on this forum for months, wondering whether or whether not Daytona Beach is like Myrtle Beach, and that is why he/she is trashing Daytona Because it is not similar to Daytona Beach, I have been vacationing to Daytona Beach For Ages, I started going when I was just a little kid, and I love this place, if I thought this was a dump I wouldn%26#39;t come back. I wouldn%26#39;t encourage anybody to go if this city put them in danger. The city is going through a lot of changes right now, they are building condo%26#39;s etc. So blank1, if you hate this place so much, keep that to yourself, just because it isn%26#39;t like Myrtle Beach don%26#39;t start coming on forums trashing Daytona because it isnt%26#39; what you pictured it to be. Sure your hotel may have been a bad one, but don%26#39;t go trashing the city.

Pibb,


sorry made a typo ';similar to Myrtle Beach'; *******

Pibb,


You go Pibb!!!!!!


=D, I think my other post is better on the other thread I think it%26#39;s calle d ';I just got back from DB %26amp; I will NEVER come back'; lol

Pibb,


*called*

Pibb,

  • php web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment