Friday, March 30, 2012

comfort inn universal orlando

pros and cons of the comfort inn orlando



comfort inn universal orlando


Read my review in the hotel section, but the main pros and cons are as follows:



Pros:Price, Location (if you plan on doing anything else other than Disney), our rooms were clean enough, good breakfast.





Cons: Security, outside noise.





One other thing that I didn%26#39;t mention in my review as I thought it was a one off mistake is that they tried to bill us for a couple of phone calls that we hadn%26#39;t made. This was knocked off our bill with no problems, but after reading another review which mentioned this has happened to them, I would now be a little concerned that the cleaners may be using guests phones.





Also my partner was sure that draws that had been shut fully were slightly ajar when we returned in the evening. Nothing had been taken, but due to having no safe we kept all valuables with us anyway.





We really did have a great holiday and DID like the hotel, but the more I think of the security the more I find it hard to recommend.





If this or my review doesn%26#39;t answer any specific questions you have, just reply to this post with the question(s).



comfort inn universal orlando


By the way my review is the one dated 20th Feb and I believe is fair and honest.




fluff4y





when are you staying there? we are staying there 31st august untill 14th september. changed from the legacy grand (orlando grand plaza) because the reviews were crap. comfort inn seems better. 100 places higher than the legacy grand. seems ok but the ratings seem to go up and down a bit, but not by much. just hope its ok when we get there. plus side free breakfast and free park transport so that will save a bit.




sian1966, I hope you%26#39;re not depending on the shuttle bus. I have previously read a post that stated this hotel was chose partly due to the shuttle service, but when they asked where and when it picked them up they were told there was no service.



I never saw a bus the two weeks I stayed there, but I wasn%26#39;t looking out for one as I had a car.



I%26#39;d see if you can get hold of their direct number and not take a tour operator%26#39;s word for it or an advert that has not been updated recently.



Maybe someone else reading this has stayed there and could reply to let you know if there is a free shuttle bus.





I have also heard negative comments about free shuttle buses such as they tour many hotels picking people up and by the time you get to Disney it%26#39;s already VERY busy. Also the return times can be before the brilliant fireworks.




gilders





i have read somewhere that there is no bus as well but when i checked the ad there was a bus. i am a bit woorried about being tied to the bus schedule and am thinking about now getting a hire car. dont want to miss the fireworks!!!!




is there a fridge microwave in the rooms




fluff4y... as far as i know there is a fridge and microwave. when are you going? if i%26#39;m going before you i will let you know when i get back for sure.




I contacted the hotel directly last month as I was a bit worried about the shuttle. They assured me that there were shuttles to Disney at 7.30am, 9.15am, 11am and returning at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm. They said the times may vary according to season but there would still be 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. Did not enquire about Universal and Seaworld as you can get there easily using I ride trolley and walking down to universal {about 15 minute walk} Good luck and please post a report on the shuttles when you return as we are going in December. Thanks




august 1




We had two rooms and both had fridge (very useful) and micro

No comments:

Post a Comment