Wednesday, March 28, 2012

money what to do?

We are due to travel 2 weeks today and I am still unsure of which is the best way to go in regards money. I thought I had it sussed with the new american express card which you put the money on before you go. Now it turns out you get charged 拢2.50 every time you use an atm and if you have any dollars left when you return home you get a buy back rate. I wish I knew this before I put some money on yesterday They told me otherwise to sell it to me.I put on 拢1200 worth we are planning to take around 拢2700 for 4 of us 2 adults 2 children for 3 weeks (tickets already covered)

I want the best option for not losing out on money if I have some when returning.I have 拢1500 left to spend any ideas?

money what to do?

If you return to the UK with dollars and want to exchange it back into pounds your going to lose out because as you have found out their is a buy back rate.All you can do is just change over say 拢1000 and then spend on a credit card or just say I%26#39;m on holiday and don%26#39;t bring any money back.!Unless you have a Nationwide credit card your going to be charge for this as well.

money what to do?

Mike%26#39;s advice is spot on. Travellers checks are a good idea too but don%26#39;t buy more than you think you are going to need otherwise you will lose out when you change them back, but at least with travellers checks if you don%26#39;t use them all you can save them for your next trip. You could always complain to American Express saying you were sold the card under false pretences and ask for a full refund.


Do you get charged for using your credit card for rurchases or is it just withdrawls from an atm? thankyou


Depends on the credit card most charge a small commision on either. The Nationwide does not charge for purchases but beware off the 拢5 charge for cash advances OUCH! I would take some cash, some travellers cheques and a credit card that way you have got all things covered. If you have been to the States already you will know this but if you haven%26#39;t you won%26#39;t, you can use travellers cheques like cash in shops and restaurants you don%26#39;t have to change them at banks first. So say for instance you went in to a restaurant and had a $50 dollar meal and paid with a $100 travellers cheque you would get $50 back in cash. Hope this helps.


Thanks for your help

  • lash liner
  • hair coloring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment