Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Extra evening hour(s) at WDW....help!

I haven%26#39;t experienced the ';evening'; extra hours at WDW, only the early mornings. I always considered myself somewhat of a Disney know it all, but now that they offer the extra hours in the evening for resort guests, I%26#39;m just not sure how this works. Do you leave and re-enter? I would certainly think not....can anyone fill me in? Thanks!



Extra evening hour(s) at WDW....help!


There are stations set up throughout the parks where the cast members give out wrist bands. You will see a big andwich board type of sign, and usually a line. You show your room/park ticket and you receive a paper type of wrist band. When the park closes to the guests, you can stay and play. Numerous rides are open.





Be warned....At this point everyone is very tired. I had a very bad experience trying to get back to our hotel using the Disney transportation. I did not consider that my then four year old would not be loving life at 2:00am. After turning in my rental stroller, I had to carry her to the bus station, wait a looooong time, then lug her to the hotel room. We were staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, and the walk was horrible.



Extra evening hour(s) at WDW....help!


Thanks! I also wondered if you could show up at closing and come in after the park was closed to all, but resort guests. Do you know?




I called Disney and asked them, because I have never left the park. According to ';Whitney'; the answer is yes. You can leave the park and then return later and show your key and enter. I asked if there was a cut off time, and she said you could do this up to a half hour before the extra hours closing time.




Thanks so much! I guess I could have called, huh?!




Hi raefla67 - seems ages ago that we met in London. Only 3 weeks until we arrive in orlando! Trust you are well, regards to your sister. Nick




Hello Nick! I%26#39;ve been wondering about you. Is your family getting excited about coming to Florida? Where are you staying? My kids and I will be at WDW the 4th-9th. Glad to hear from you!




We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, arrive on August 1 for a week, then off to St Petes to relax. My 6 year old daughter can hardly contain herself she is so excited, my wife and me are full of trepidation.





I%26#39;ll keep an eye out for you, you never know.








Hi! We have been through the extra magic night hours. We were the ones who had left the park and came back after closing. I would just recommend being aware of the several stations to get your wristband. We weren%26#39;t sure where to get them which took up ride time. It might be helpful to ask a CM earlier in the day to locate them. They will always have one close to the opening of the park, and that one will have the looooongest line. Just by pass that one and head on over to the other ones. Most people aren%26#39;t aware of the other stations, so they congregate at the first thing they see. Animal Kingdom was very dark after hours which made walking around kind of difficult with the kids. Next time I will bring a flashlight or have them in those light-up shoes. Have a good time!




Thanks for all the ';Evening'; info!







Bamboo-



Trepidation, eh? If you need some help or advice regarding your stay, please feel free to email me at rllrcain@adelphia.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment