Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Advice on using ATMs in Orlando

We%26#39;ve decided not bother with Traveller%26#39;s cheques and use credit card and ATMs for our spending money. Question is do all ATMs charge the same rate or is it more expensive to take out money in some than others? eg Would it be more expensive to use an ATM in a Disney hotel than, say, in a Walmart?

Advice on using ATMs in Orlando

Hi, just back from Orlando. Dont use small ATMs in the outlets or shops, they charge you $2.50 per withdrawal. I used the ATM at Publix (big supermarket) and they didnt charge, you can also use Maestro to pay for things in most shops, only place we couldnt was the Nike Factory oulet. Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday!

Advice on using ATMs in Orlando

I took my Nationwide cash card with me in May.

I was not charged for using it by the ATM. I think they will only charge if you have a USA issued card.

You will also get a better exchange.

I hope this helps


My wife and I were thinking of doing the same thing (use ATMs instead of travelers%26#39; cheques), when we visit next week.

The only question I have is this, does anyone know what the average charge is on money drawn from Canadian bank machine cards?

I know the Bank of Montreal will charge us $3.00 per transaction on this end, but it would be great to know what the US ATM machines will charge us on that end.

Thanks very much -


If you plan on shopping in Walmart, use your debit card for the purchase and ask the cashier for the limit on ';cash back';. You can put in an amount higher than your purchase, get the cash back, and there%26#39;s no ATM fee. Some stores have a limit of $50 or $100 that you can receive per transaction, but if you%26#39;re not paying a fee or searching for an ATM, it%26#39;s a lot more convenient.

  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment