Friday, March 30, 2012

Kennedy Space Center

Does anyone know where is a good place to view the takeoff not on KSC grounds. All tix are sold out How about Cocoa Beach?



Kennedy Space Center


Cocoa Beach will give you a good view. I would go to Jetty Park which is where the inlet empties into the ocean. Be here early!



Kennedy Space Center


psbcap--We are headed to FL for a launch in a few months. My husband wants to stay in Cocoa Beach, right on the beach. How far is that from KSC, and do you have any recommendations for hotels. I have read the TA reviews, but would like as much input as possible. Thanks!




Mtngrl you are in a beautiful part of the world. KSC is between 40 and 60 minutes from CB. It depends where you are going. I would say the visitors center (where you can take the tours, and I recommend you do) is about 45 minutes on a normal day. On launch day you can only get in with advanced tickets and the traffic is heavy. If you send me an e-mail address i will show you some photos I took from a boat at the last launch.





Hotels are plenty. Ron Jon;s has a new resort on the ocean in Cape Canaveral. Other than that most of the big names are here. I like the Doubletree or the Hilton.





If I can be of any more help let me know, and have a wonderful time in our paradise!




Thanks psbcap! Actually, we lived in Winter Park years ago. So I don%26#39;t remember distances or anything. A friend is an astronaut, so he is inviting us to his launch, so at least we don%26#39;t have to worry about finding a place to watch it from. My husband has taken a private tour of KSC, but the kids and I have not, so we will do the regular one. Our friend will be a bit too busy for that, I am sure, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment